6 January, 2021
Bhindi Masala Restaurant Style
Bhindi Masala is a very popular main course masala and can be eaten with chapatti or basmati rice and is also one of our family favorites. Try this wonderful bhindi masala for yourself and maybe it gets one of your most favorite dishes too.
Ingredients For Bhindi Masala
- 2 pounds lady fingers (okra)
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 fresh ripe tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt as needed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- Remove the heads and tails of ladyfingers and cut into ½ to 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic and ginger paste. Sauté for 1 minute or until it leaves its aroma then add cumin seeds, red pepper flakes, and curry powder and again cook for few more seconds.
- Add ladyfingers to the spices and oil and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes with occasional stirring so that the ladyfingers are half fried properly mixed with the spices.
- Finally add onion, chopped tomatoes, and season with salt. Again mix but don’t mix too much otherwise that will make your dish messy with its own seeds. Cook for about 5 to 6 more minutes or until the onion and tomatoes are tender and ladyfingers are ready to serve.
- Take it out in a serving dish and garnish with chopped green chilies and chopped parsley.
- Serve the lady fingers with the traditional Indian roti or garlic bread.
Ready in: 25 Minutes
Recipe Type: Curry, Vegetarian