Chicken cubes marinated in yogurt, ginger, and garlic are barbecued till the surface begins to crisp and the center is tender and juicy.
Ingredients for CHICKEN MALAI TIKKA
- 500 GM boneless chicken
- 1 green bell pepper ,1 tomato
- 1 onion all cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- lemone juice or chaat masala to sprinkle
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup yogurt-hang for 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup thick cream
- 30gm, cheddar cheese-finely grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp green chilies-finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN MALAI TIKKA
- Cut the chicken into 2.5cm cubes; wash and pat dry.
- Mix the ingredients for the first marinade in a bowl, add the chicken and toss till well coated. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients for the second marinade in another bowl, add the chicken and marinate for at least 4-6 hrs or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Add the vegetables also to the chicken and mix well. place the chicken tikkas and the vegetables on a creamed wire rack.
- If you like, pierce the chicken tikkas on greased skewers alternately with the green bell peppers, tomatoes and onions and place the skewers on a grill or a wore rack brushed with oil.
- Heat a gas tandoor or an oven. broil about 15 minutes, turning once; until the tikkas are tender and the surface beings to turn crisp.
- Sprinkle the tikkas with lemon juice or chaat masala and arrange on a platter surrounded with onion rings and lemon wedges.
Place a drip tray in the oven under the wire rock on which the tikkas are grilled, to collect the drippings.