5 January, 2021
Chicken Roast with Spicy Indian Delight
There is nothing better than a properly baked chicken roast and if it’s evenly done, you will have a perfect dinner for your perfect family. Chicken is cooked in a variety of ways but here I have made it with typical Indian spices without any western touch and that turned out to be extremely delicious and aromatic. Everyone at my home loves the authentic aroma and taste of this chicken roast and now this dish is at the top of the most wanted menu list. Try this at home and I can bet you will not regret.
Ingredients for Chicken Roast
- 1 whole chicken (washed)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- Salt as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion, sauté for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown, take out in a dish along with the oil, and set aside to cool.
- Now take cinnamon sticks, coriander, red chili powder, green chilies, cardamom, black pepper, chopped fresh coriander, cumin seeds, garlic, and ginger paste in a grinder and grind well until fine and smooth mixture.
- Take out the mixture from the grinder and add to the yogurt, mix well then season with salt and add lemon juice.
- Wash and dry pat the chicken and then make small cuts on the chest and legs so that the marinade mixture is properly absorbed.
- Apply the marinade mixture on the chicken with hands. First, apply inside of the chicken and then on the surface. When the chicken is fully covered by the marinade sauce, place it in a refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours for proper marination.
- Preheat the oven at 180 F.
- Take out the chicken from the refrigerator and bake the upside down first, bake for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown then change the side and again bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the chicken is done. Keep on changing the sides of the chicken after every 5 to 7 minutes for even and proper baking and apply oil as well.
- When the chicken is ready, take it out from the oven and either serve whole or cut into 4 large pieces and enjoy.