Garlic and Onion Chutney, an unique and tangy garlic chutney that is twisted by adding onion and tomatoes and a variety of spices that will give you an authentic flavor and aroma.
This delicious sauce is served as a sideline with a variety of dishes and nowadays it’s very popular with simple Indian naans or yummy keema naans.
The best thing about this chutney is that the main ingredients of this dish are semi cooked so you won’t feel a bitter taste or its smell after having it in your meal. Just give it a try and I can bet you will fall in love with it and will make it your all time favorite side line.
Ingredients Garlic and Onion Chutney
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- Salt as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped mint
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Prep Time : 5 Minutes
Cook Time : 10 Minute
Yield : 3
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion, sauté for 4 to 5 minutes then add cumin powder, red chili powder and garlic mince and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Now add tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper and cook for 4 more minutes at low heat.
- Transfer the onion mixture into a blender and add chopped mint, green chilies and garlic clove and blend till puree.
- Take out in a serving bowl and add lemon juice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and place in a refrigerator before serving.
Ready in : 15 Minutes
Recipe Type : Vegetarian