Kadai Murg or simply chicken Kadai dish is one of the favorites in my own place as my kids love to have Chicken Kadai, I usually add few vegetables like potato, green bell pepper, or spinach to make it more healthy for them but the real dish has only 2 main ingredients that are chicken and tomatoes.
Ingredients Kadai Murg
- 1 whole chicken (kadai cut, 8 pieces)
- 6 fresh ripe tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 12 cashews
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (chopped)
- 3 green chilies (chopped)
- 1 inch ginger piece (peeled and grated)
Ready in: 35 Minutes
Recipe Type: Chicken
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a Kadai and add onion, sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent then take out in a dish and set aside to cool.
- Now take the fried onions in a grinder and add cashews. Grind till fine mixture.
- Now in the same Kadai add the remaining oil and add chicken. Cook for about 10 minutes at medium heat with constant stirring.
- Add garlic and dried coriander and again cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add dried coriander and paprika and cook until the spices are golden brown and the chicken is half fried.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cover the lid and cook at medium-high heat for 6 to 7 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender.
- Uncover the pan and smash the tomatoes carefully so that the chicken doesn’t break. Now cook for 5 more minutes uncovered.
- Finally add the green chilies, grated ginger, and the onion-cashew mixture and cook for 2 more minutes.
- When the chicken is ready, take it out in a serving dish and garnish it with chopped coriander and serve hot with Indian Nan’s.