7 January, 2021
Karimeen Fish Molly Recipe
Fish Molly is a Bengali dish and very popular worldwide especially in eastern countries like India and Pakistan. Here the fish is cooked in coconut milk with very few spices, unlike all other Indian dishes. This fish recipe is very light that will brighten up your day. You can have it in your lunch or dinner as it will never leave your stomach feeling full or occupied and you can enjoy it whenever and wherever you like.
Ingredients Fish Molly
- 2 pounds fish (cut into small cubes)
- Salt as needed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1-inch ginger piece (finely grated)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala (optional)
- Take fish pieces in a bowl and add lemon juice and turmeric powder. Mix well then season with salt and place in a refrigerator for 1 hour for marination.
- In meanwhile heat the oil in a pan and add onion, sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until translucent then add green chilies, ginger, and cumin seeds and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and water and cook until it begins to boil.
- Add fish and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the fish is ready. Keep stirring with the wooden spatula to properly cover the fish with sauce.
- Check the salt and add more if needed. Then add coconut milk and mix well. Cook for 2 to 3 more minutes or until the gravy thickens a bit.
- Finally add lemon juice and take out in a serving dish.
- Season with chaat masala (optional) and serve hot.
Ready in : 30 Minutes
Recipe Type : Fish