17 November, 2020
Palak Paneer Recipe
Posted in : VEG RECIPE on by : kanchans Tags: palak paneer
A hot favorite! Spinach combines very well with cottage cheese, You Could also add blanched mushrooms or cooked corn kemels to the spinach curry instead of cottage cheese.
- 250 g/8 oz paneer – cut into 8 pieces
- 500 g/1 Ib spinach (palak) – chopped (5 cups)
- 3-4 green chillies – chopped, optional
- 2 onions – ground to a paste
- 6 tbsp ready-made tomato puree or paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 4 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp ground turmeric (haldi powder)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1-2 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1-2 green chillies – cut into 2 pieces
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- Discard stems of spinach leaves. Wash leaves in lots of water to remove any grit.
- Cook with 2 cup water in a deep pan for 10 minutes till the spinach wilts and goes down. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Grind cooked spinach along with green chillies in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil and fry onions to a golden colour.
- Add tomato puree and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Cook for ½ minute.
- Add salt, ground turmeric and garam masala. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- Add about 1 cup hot water to make the curry thinner. Boil. Keep on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- add paneer and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- At serving time, heat oil for tempering in a small pan. Add ginger. Cook on low heat till it turns golden. Remove from heat and add green chillies. Mix. Add red chilli powder & immediately pour over the hot curry Serve.