Palak paneer is Indian cheese completed in a thick spinach curry sauce. Serve this delicious dish with naan, chapatti, or basmati rice.
Tip: If you couldn’t find the paneer cubes, you can also make this recipe by using tofu. Do the same procedure by sauting them in little oil and then adding to the spinach. You can have some delicious and creamy taste.
Ingredients for Palak Paneer
- 2 cups of chopped spinach
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 ½ cup paneer cubes (cut in 1 inch in diameter)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves
- ½ cup fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 green chilies (thinly chopped)
- 1 cup of water
- Salt as needed
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 lemon wedges
- Wash and rinse the chopped spinach to remove impurities then set aside in a colander to remove extra water.
- Heat 1 cup of water in a pan and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Place the chopped spinach in that salty water, cover the lid and cook for about 5 minutes at high heat.
- Remove from stove then add this spinach to the food processor, process until puree.
- In the meanwhile, heat oil in a pan and add sliced onions, sauté for 4 minutes or until translucent then add garlic and ginger paste and again sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add red pepper flakes, fenugreek leaves, green chilies, and cumin powder, and again cook for few seconds. Season with salt.
- Finally add spinach, cover the lid and allow it to cook for about 5 minutes at low heat.
- Take another pan and heat 3 tablespoons of oil, add the paneer cubes, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cubes are golden from all sides. Take out on the paper towel and set for 2 to 3 minutes until the extra oil is soaked by the paper.
- Add these sauted cubes and the cream to the spinach and further cook for 2 to 3 minutes at high flame. Season with allspice.
- Take out in a serving dish and garnish with lemon wedges
Ready in: 35 Minutes
Recipe Type: Curry, Vegetarian