Here is a delicious fusion of prawns with vegetables in Indian style. You all might have tried prawns cooked in different ways but because of the high popularity rate of Indian cuisine we have given this dish a clinch of East and the presence of prawns makes it super delicious and highly popular amongst kids and adults.
- Prep Time : 10 Minutes
- Cook Time : 20 Minutes
- Difficulty Level : Easy
Ingredients For Prawns with Vegetables
- 1 dozen small prawns
- 1 radish (peeled and cut in cubes)
- 1 onion (cut in cubes)
- 1 pumpkin (cut in cubes)
- 4 small brinjals (cut in cubes)
- ½ cup green peas (boiled)
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 3 to 4 green chilies (chopped lengthwise)
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick (powdered)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Take prawns in a bowl and add lemon juice and soy sauce. Mix well then season with salt, black pepper, and ½ teaspoon turmeric powder. Mix well to coat and place in a refrigerator for an hour.
- In meanwhile heat the oil in a pan and add onions, sauté for 2 minutes then add garlic mince and cumin seeds, and again sauté for 1 more minute.
- Now add the remaining turmeric powder, red chili powder, and marinated prawns and further cook for 2 to 3 more minutes or until the prawns are almost done.
- Add brinjal and pumpkin, radish, and green peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the veggies are almost done. Don’t overcook; let it be a bit raw and crisp.
- Finally, top with cinnamon powder and green chilies and mix well. Cook for few more seconds then take out in a serving dish and serve with white rice.