27 October, 2020
SHAMI KEBABS RECIPE
Posted in : Non Veg recipe on by : kanchans
Lightly spiced lamb patties are shallow-fried to make these kebabs.Split Bengal gram is the traditional Binding ingredient which imparts its own nutty flavour.
Ingredients for Shami Kebab
- BOIL TOGETHER
- 500G/1 lb ground lamb or mince( keema)
- 1/4 cup split Bengal Gram( chana dal)
- soaked for 15 minutes, drained
- 1 onion – sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tsp coriander seeds ( sabut dhania)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds ( jeera )
- 3-4 cloves (laung)
- 2 cardamoms ( elaichi )
- 1cm cinnamon stick (dalchini )
- 1 bay leaf ( tej patta)
- 4-5 peppercorns
- 2-3 dry red chilies
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- OIL FOR FRYING
HOW TO MAKE SHAMI KEBABS
- Wash the mince, drain through a strainer, pressing to squeeze out all the water.
- Put the mince in a heavy-based pan along with the rest of the ingredients for boiling, cook on low heat for about 15 minutes, or till the mice and chana dal are tender. Alternately, pressure cook to give 2 whistles, keep on low heat for 2 minutes then remove the pan from the stove.
- Evaporate excess water on high heat, stirring till dry. If the mixture is wet, the kebabs will break while frying.
- Grind the mixture in a food processor till smooth, without adding water.
- Divide the mixture into small balls, flatten each into a patty and shallow-fry in 3-4 tbsp oil in a non-stick skillet on medium heat, till brown on both sides. serve hot.