29 November, 2020
Stuffed Chillies Recipe
Hollow out some large green chillies, soak them in salt and vinegar then fill with grated veggies, rice and cheese. Roll the chillies in a light batter and barbecue till crisp. A genius invented this amazing product!
- 7 big pabolano chillies (achari mirch)
- ¼ cup vinegar, ½ tsp salt
- 1 small potato – chopped (2 cup)
- 4 tbsp grated carrot
- 4 cup boiled (cooked) rice
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp orgeano, ½ tsp vinegar
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup cornstarch, ½ cup water, ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cornmeal or semolina (suji)
- Slit open chillies & remove seeds. Pour vinegar. Sprinkle salt. Rub well. Keep aside for ½ hour.
- Cut potato into very tiny cubes.Heat oil in a wok/kadhai and deep fry all potato pieces together till golden.
- For filling, mix fried potatoes with all the other ingredients given under filling. Mix well. Pick up the chillies and stuff them gently with the filling. Do not break them while stuffing.
- Mix cornstarch with water and salt to make a thin batter. Spread cornmeal or semolina in a plate. Dip one chilli at a time in batter and roll over the cornmeal/ semolina spread in the plate.
- Oil the barbecue plate/rack. Preheat barbecue to medium heat. Cook the chillies on the lightly oiled barbecue for 5 minutes, turning them once in between. Serve hot.