30 October, 2020
Tandoori Aloo Recipe
Posted in : VEG RECIPE on by : kanchans
These satisfying and moist potatoes are thickly crusted with a yogurt-based masala.
- 3 potatoes
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint or cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp black cumin seeds (shah jeera)
- 1 black cardamom, seeds only (moti elaichi)
- 1-2 blades of mace (javitri)
- 4-5 peppercorns (sabut kali mirch)
- ½ cup thick yogurt -hang in a muslin
- cloth for 30 minutes
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp orange tandoori colour or turmeric powder
- oil or melted butter, to baste chaat masala, to sprinkle
- Boil the potatoes in salted water till just tender cool and peel. Scrape the surface gently with a fork to create ridges which will hold the marinade.
- Cut each potato into half lengthwise. Scoop out the center, leaving a thick border. Mash the scooped potatoes and add cheese, mint or cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste. Fill the potatoes with this filling.
- Grind or crush the ingredients for the spice blend to make a coarse powder.
- Mix the ingredients for the coating paste in a bowl; stir in the spice blend.
- With a spoon apply the coating paste on the potatoes, leaving the center portion with the filling.
- Grill the potatoes in a medium-hot oven, for 8-10 minutes, or till they get slightly dry. Baste with oil or butter and grill for 5 more minutes till the coating turns absolutely dry and the potatoes get browned at some places. Sprinkle with chaat masala or lemon juice. Serve hot.